Periscope is a more personal way to connect with your customers. The Twitter-owned live-streaming iOS and Android app lets anyone broadcast video for free, making it an easy, fast and affordable way to communicate with your customers in real time.
Launched in March 2015, Periscope quickly catapulted into the most popular live streaming app available, beating competitors like Meerkat and Hangouts. We have put together 5 key tips to help you use Periscope effectively for your business.
- Behind the Scenes. A great way to humanise your brand is to give your views a sneak peak at what goes on in your company. It also allows you to show people a behind the scenes look at your product, for example, a web developer at work on a website or a content marketer leading a creative meeting.
- Tutorials. In addition to behind the scenes product demonstrations, you could also use periscope to lead tutorials or live training sessions. Teaching someone something of value for free is a great way of establishing yourself as an expert in your industry.
- Live events. Is your company hosting an event? Periscope lets audiences watch from all over the world, even if they can’t attend in person. This encourages your online following to grow, as your audience looks for more ways to learn about your business.
- Live Q&A. Periscope is a convenient way to interact with customers with live Q&A sessions. This encourages a two way conversation, as well as confirming your knowledge on an industry as you have to answer questions in real time.
- Crowdsourcing. Because Periscope allows us to interact with viewers in real-time, it is one of the fastest and easiest ways to gather feedback and other types of information. The simplest way is by conducting a survey. You then don’t have to bribe people to take part, and can secure hundreds of views in one sitting.