It can be quite tricky figuring out how to make the most of your business on Instagram. It can be daunting and confusing as to whether or not you are doing it right or wrong. This is why we have come up with a wonderful bundle of do’s and don’ts when using social media for your business to achieve as much success as possible.
1. Do post on a frequent basis, that way you can keep your users engaged.
2. Do download a scheduling app, for those days that you are extremely busy and are on the go. It can be very useful and time effective. We recommend using Latergram Me, which is a perfect app to schedule your posts on Instagram.
3. Do engage with your users, whether it be posting questions on your posts. Your users are more likely to engage with your post by commenting. If a user goes out of their way to comment on your posts, be sure to comment back. In addition, follow and comment on their profiles!.
4. Do behind-the-scene posts, which is the key to gaining user loyalty. Examples can include blogs, customers, business products and services, as well as personal photos such as family, friends, holidays, pets and many more.
5. Do add a relevant URL link in your profile description, this may include a YouTube channel, blog, website, etc. You can add the URL link to the ‘location’ part by clicking on the 3 dots at the bottom of your photo, and then click edit and type in your URL.
1. Don’t use more than 10 hashtags on a post.
2. Don’t post more than 3 posts a day, since your follower may not be able to keep up with your posts. Posting 1-3 times a day is the perfect touch.
3.Don’t post 3 photos in a row, since your posts are less likely to get likes and comments from users. Posting in a more strategic format is likely to bring greater success for your Instagram page.
4.Don’t change crops when posting a photo every time. Your Instagram profile needs to be consistent, just as your business brand is.
5.Don’t forget to always add captions with every photo you post on Instagram. Users need to clearly understand and engage with your photo even more through captions.